svn - Which version control system or platform is the best one for tracking and distributing personal Emacs configurations? -


I currently track my configuration changes of MX and my '.emacs.d' directory for various 'platforms' I use the epilogue to sync.

Many packages are part of the Amax distribution such as Ido, Music, or Org-Mode, which come with Debian or Carbon MX (OSX). But the other packages I am also using are not part of those distributions, so I need to add manually to my personal collection stores.

The advantage is that now I have my entire '.emacs.d' configuration where I want to work. The disadvantage is that I have to track those packages for updates and every time a new update is available, I have to update my own repository manually.

Is there a better way of integrating my own configuration and packages to the 'community' people? I realized that github.com is used by many people for this reason.

Should I use Git better instead of syncing and sharing my AMACS configuration with the community? And does it mean that instead of using my own subdivision server, should other MACX users switch to github.com instead of doing better with respect to the exchange and distribution?

Every time you want to deal with some "distribution" issues, you distribute < / Em> can be better than considering the version control system (DVCS).

For example, with Git, you can organize your package within a main emacs configuration project, which refers to itself as a subpule in its project.

In this way, you only

  git submodule update --recursive  

once in a while referred by your central configuration project Be sure to get the latest package. Note: Reconstructive initialization: Those sub modules are a bit tricky: see it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c# - How to capture HTTP packet with SharpPcap -

jquery - SimpleModal Confirm fails to submit form -

php - Multiple Select with Explode: only returns the word "Array" -