perforce - How to perform p4 submit operation without passing description inside the p4 submit form -


I have a P4 client workspace on a Linux machine.

I add / edit some files in my client space and then try to restrict those changes to the server.

I can not succeed but the steps given below are:

p4 submit -d "test"

When I tried just with p4 submit then open it p4 form submit and then I [enter details here] with token appropriate details and then it works.

But I do not want to submit a form to submit a P4 to submit P4.

How can I pass this information from a command prompt? / P>

answer

  - p4 -d flag support for submission order was not started in the predominant version 2006 . So here's the solution to this problem: To modify the description field on the pre-2003 dislocation server, try piping a change / out form of a stream editor in / out it will create a numbered conversion list, which is then submitted needed. For example, something like: P4 changes - o. Sed -e "s / & lt; enter details here & gt; / my desc /" | P4 transformation - i which gives output, as such: 102 is created with open file (s). This change (number 102 in this case) can be credited as follows: p4 submit -c 102  

It is not necessary to enter your details only, you can also edit the changelist specification which allows you to exclude files from the commit.

If you can do it on windows, then maybe you are using Linux on a new client from Windows?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c# - How to capture HTTP packet with SharpPcap -

jquery - SimpleModal Confirm fails to submit form -

php - Multiple Select with Explode: only returns the word "Array" -