Can't create directory via asmx web service -


I am trying to create a directory and then want to write it through an asmx web service. This works fine on my Dev pc, but when I publish the service on the server, I get access denied errors. I have gone to IIS and have ensured that the service has written to the privileges. I also gave the facility of writing to all users, but I still get this error. Any suggestions?

Additional Information Well, I solved the problem.

This worked fine on my development box, but blown on the server when I called

  Directory.CreateDirectory (directoryName);  

I need to use

  Directory.CreateDirectory (Server.MapPath (directoryName));  
which worked fine on both of them. My first suggestion is to ensure that IIS user access directory has access.

Next I will say that check your code again. Are you trying to write in a directory that is not there? Did you forget to change a config setting?

99% I had only one problem, this is usually a permission problem.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c# - How to capture HTTP packet with SharpPcap -

jquery - SimpleModal Confirm fails to submit form -

php - Multiple Select with Explode: only returns the word "Array" -