networking - MUD Programming questions -


I used to play the mood based on it. It was very optimized, but it was in the core itself. I have the source code for this zoo, and I'm interested in writing myself (just for a fun project) Although I have a few questions, maybe somebody can give me some hands-on design aspects?

  1. Which language should I use? Define or compiled? Does this make a difference? SAMUG is written in C. I am comfortable with so many languages, and I have no problem learning more.
  2. Should I follow a specific approach, which would prevent me from performing? Object Oriented, Functional, etc.?
  3. Which medium should I use to store the data? Flat files (this uses SMAUG), or something like SQLite
  4. Is there any guide that anyone knows about starting a project like this?

I want to scale up to allow 50 players to play online due to lack of performance, if I have used Ruby 1.8 (very slow), then Does it compile Python 3.1 (faster), or C / C ++? Will it make any difference compared to comparison?

If someone could lend a hand and give some information or advice, I would be grateful forever.

I'll give it a shot:

  1. In 2009, 50 For player games, it does not make any difference. If you want to move it forward, you may want to choose the language for which you are familiar with the profiling tool, but since today's RAM is so cheap, the initial LPMUD (which I have experienced) and DQMUD (which is your Smaug Derived from) are not applicable (with LPMUD 8 MB RAM, ~ 10-15 players can be handled on the machine)
  2. The programming style does not necessarily mean that the performance difficulties Receiving face, are written in large sites C, but just was written as large sites Lisp like the original Yahoo store, stack overflow is written in Aspiknet, etc. I use Individual / C but many people call me a cruelty.
  3. Flat files are redundant, special-case exceptions for today's and a lot of data collection (for example, large mailers sometimes use 'maildiere' which creates flat-files ). The size of your game is likely that you will not run in slow slow speeds driven by data retrieval, but in the case of crashes data integrity is probably going to make the most convincing arguments.
  4. Do not know any guides, but what I'll do is start trying to get the game started as a silent chat server, make sure that the user can log in And can do some (take your input and dump it to all other users), then allow specific logging, so that you face the challenge of dealing with a username / password , And user options setting / storage / recovery ... then start adding gamedriver elements (working in Tic Tac toe game game), then working with a bit more complex (object Get 5-room setup that you can choose / drop / bash with each other), then add some non-player characters, and then worry about moving around in a Duku-derived smog Ta castle / etc and working with them. :)

It's a little away from the phlegm, I'm sure opinions are different. :) Good luck!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c# - How to capture HTTP packet with SharpPcap -

jquery - SimpleModal Confirm fails to submit form -

php - Multiple Select with Explode: only returns the word "Array" -