c - Should I use msgsnd or mq_send? -


I am learning UNIX IPC, and my book talks about the family of * just msg * While I am learning about mq_ equivalents, I describe some differences between the two, but I am not sure how much this implementation-specific is there any compulsive reasons for using a family of other family? Either one is "better"?

mq _ * Tasks are POSIX functions commonly called 'system v ipc' Is known as (because they are part of the IPC feature introduced with Unix System V, which includes shared memory and sequers) are the msg * functions. I think it is fair to say that the msg * function is compared to other compatibility and is included in the X / Open standard due to previous compatibility; Those who are doing them an injustice, but generally try to avoid several ways of achieving standard similar results. They were none of the original versions of Pozzix.

You have to consider where you will close your code. I suggest using the more modern mq _ * functions if they are available everywhere - although I have not used them manually, generally shared memory and semaphore functions In comparison, the msg * functions are used less frequently, but this interface is more than one POSIX (one dec or more) long, so it can be more extensive available.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c# - How to capture HTTP packet with SharpPcap -

jquery - SimpleModal Confirm fails to submit form -

php - Multiple Select with Explode: only returns the word "Array" -