Should I put my output files in source control? -


I have been asked to put each file under source control in my project, which contains the database file (schema No, full file).

It seems wrong to me, but I can not explain it. Regarding source control, I know that every resource tells me not to put output files generated in a source control system. And I think this is not a "source" file.

However, I have been presented with the following argument:

  • Who cares? We have a lot of bandwidth.
  • Every time I get the latest amendment, no dispute is resolved, this is just one click
  • It is much more convenient to ignore good files Think about it
    • Also, if I want to add an external DLL file to the bin folder now, then I can not put it in the source control, because the bin folder is no longer being ignored.

Simple solution for last bullet-point is to add the file to a library folder and reference it to the project.

Please indicate whether the output files generated under the sources generated and why are incorrect.

You have not explained what a "database file" is.

I will definitely include third party libraries in source control, because they are essentially for production and later a way to rebuild a build is the library version which you have Used in the moment but yes, those libraries should be included in the "Library" folder instead of the output directory.

I usually do not include the libraries created elsewhere from my self sources but the repository - though I is in those circumstances where it It's good to work, where some projects do not use the "latest and greatest" version of a general library, but are updated occasionally.

The most important practical logic I want to include all the things where disk, processor and network are considered free and instantaneous, it tells that In changed for any committed. <3 p>


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c# - How to capture HTTP packet with SharpPcap -

jquery - SimpleModal Confirm fails to submit form -

php - Multiple Select with Explode: only returns the word "Array" -