sql - MySQL Table with TEXT column -


I am working on a database and I have to deal with text fields.

Now, I believe that I have seen some place mentioning that it would be best to separate textile columns from the rest of the table (by putting it in my table).

However, now I can not say that reference was received anywhere and sometime ago, I think I might misinterpret this information.

Some research has shown that

text / blobs with different metadata, if you do not need them then do not insert text / blops into results.

However, I am not familiar with the definition of "metadata" which is being used here.

So I wonder if there are any relevant benefits in their own table in a text table, what are the possible problems with the remaining areas? And potential problems in keeping it in a separate table?

This table (without textile field) is supposed to be searched (selection), but what is often considered "optimization is considered evil before time" here? (If there is a penalty in the text column, then considering it, how is relevant, it is quite easy to change later).

Besides, is there a good link on this topic? (Maybe stack overflow question and answer? I have tried to search for this topic but I only got the discussion discussions of the text)

Yes, it seems that you have misunderstood the meaning of sentences, what does it say that you only need the contents of that area, if you really want to make a selection, including a text field. The reason for this is that the Text / Blob column can contain a large amount of data that needs to be distributed on your application - it takes time and course resources.

All the best, Fabian


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c# - How to capture HTTP packet with SharpPcap -

jquery - SimpleModal Confirm fails to submit form -

php - Multiple Select with Explode: only returns the word "Array" -