MySQL is SELECT with LIKE expensive? -


The following question is about the speed between choosing an exact match (example: INT)

What's the difference? The main reason I am asking this is because I am trying to decide whether to leave the ID out of the current project is a good idea.

For example:

  http://mysite.com/article/391239/this-is-an-entry  

  http: // mysite com / article / this-is-an-entry  

Do you think I have long time Will I experience any performance issues? Should I keep the ID?

Note:

I would like to keep users to keep it easy to remember. For example, if they write they will be redirected to the right.

About the number of pages, to say that I am approximately 79,230 and the app is growing fast as if 1640 entries per day are called

An INT comparison string will be faster than comparison (varchar) comparison, similar comparison is slow because it includes at least one wildcard.

Whether it is important in your application or not, it is difficult to tell what you told us. Unless it is really intense, i.e. You are gifting these comparisons, I want to know clearly for your users.

To think of another thing: is the user always going to type URLs? Or are they just going to use a search engine? These days I simply search instead of just trying and remembering the URL. This would be a non-issue for me as a user. What do you like the user? Can you tell from your application how they use your site?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c# - How to capture HTTP packet with SharpPcap -

jquery - SimpleModal Confirm fails to submit form -

php - Multiple Select with Explode: only returns the word "Array" -