c - I need some weak entropy. I know I can use an unitialized buffer, but if I just need an integer's worth, would its address suffice instead? -


I am on Linux, where address space layout is randommaking. Is it necessary to declare a buffer on this stack, it can not be canceled, and use it for entropy, or I can already find something on the stack, put it in the whole and (knowing that This is somewhat random reason, instead of addressing space layout randomization, use an integer for entropy?

Pointer approach is an advantage that there is no compiler warnings Does not arise because initial buffers when you try to manipulate it, but only in my trial can be the address of the lower order (probably the last byte or two), the greeting will turn into a voice. The entropy buffer also It seemed to perform poorly, often it did not do anything.

If you need weak entropy Linux, why not read it? There is a non blocking type of / dev / random that is less ... random (but again, non-blocking).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MVP, design question -

excel - Populate list via a bi-Condition -

iphone - How do I make a UIPickerView in a UIActionSheet -