.net - SQL Server and SqlDataReader - Trillion Records - Memory -


I've never tried to do this - so I do not know if I'll run into memory problems.

But can a SqlDataReader read a trillion record? Is this all right?

UPDATE To translate the trail, a very large number means I probably should have said something like 1 billion or 100 million.

Yes, this stream will be ... but I do not think that you actually try to do this needed.

If you can read one million records per second (which is not for me) you will still need 12 days to read trillions of records. .. It is a lot of work to lose the half way.

Now I suppose that you probably do not want to read actually trillion records, really, but I have to say that if you do your "big money" work differently in logical batches So, maybe this is a good idea.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MVP, design question -

excel - Populate list via a bi-Condition -

iphone - How do I make a UIPickerView in a UIActionSheet -