firefox - Why doesn't my expires headers make my files stay in cache? -


I am using valid termination and no-cache headers for my static files and as long as I keep browsing , But when I close my browser and use it after a while, I'm still reloading the fixed file, even Ctrl (+ shift) + R

< P> But even if I'm not refreshing with Firefox, the size of the cache size is up to 250MB and I can not get it any Provides passenger or not from the cached data.

Header: Accept-Category: Bytes Cache-Control: Max-age = 29030400, Public Content-Length: 142061 Content-type: image / png Date: Tuesday, 08 December 200 9: 18:43 GMT Expiration: Tuesday, 09 November 2010 19:18:43 GMT The last modified: Sun, 18 January 2009 18:33:48 GMT Share this: ASPA2.2.14 (EL)

Which version of Firefox? Is the server sending etags for stable files? You can see details about Firefox cache by visiting about: cache and poking around. This will give you an idea about how Firefox is caching.

Update: After looking at your header tags, it seems that the maximum-age value is set to a date in the past and the value is expiration < / Em> is set in the header. See HTTP 1.1 protocol definition here:.

If a response is included in both the expiration time and the maximum-age instruction, then the maximum-age instruction overrides the header ending, even if the ending time header is more restrictive than this rule For a given response to an original server, an HTTP / 1.1 cache allows a longer timeout time in an HTTP / 1.1 (or later) cache. It may be useful, because of some HTTP / 1.0 cache due to uncontrolled clocks, calculations of age or expiration can be done properly.

You are sending your cash-control header to the server.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c# - How to capture HTTP packet with SharpPcap -

jquery - SimpleModal Confirm fails to submit form -

php - Multiple Select with Explode: only returns the word "Array" -