Hurdles with Grails development -


is now evolving with Grails for two weeks,

although I love the experience And the possibilities, I have started the following problems.

Please share if you have similar issues .. and treatment will also help.

  1. AOP is not working with the domain object
  2. Grails IDE-Plugins are too old
  3. in Transaction Management (
  4. < Li> GWT plugin installation (abnormally unsuccessful) plug-ins are not sufficiently mature.
  5. Lack of comprehensive documentation (although what is available is very good)
  6. < Li> debugging support

If you really want to address these issues then you shouldTo post a different question for each other, with the maximum information you provided here. For example, I probably can not diagnose the cause of this problem when I know that

< Blockquote>

Transaction Management (In-built) does not work under certain circumstances.

I have these opinions on:

Transactions Management (in-built) does not work under certain circumstances.

I

AOP does not work with domain objects

I think what you mean here is that The Meta-Programming domain object is not working I have encountered this and I have not found any solution. If you really meant AOP, then I could not help you because I have never used it with Groove.

Grails IDE-Plugins are too old

IntelliJ plugin is very, very good. Netbeans plugin is okay. Last time I tried the Eclipse Groove plugin, it was awesome. However, I believe that recently a new eclipse Groovy plugin has been released as part of the Spring Tools Suite (STS). This last assumption is considered to be a big improvement on the Groovy plugin, but I do not think it has the support of Grails too much

GWT-integration (with plugin)

I do not use GWT, so there is no comment

Plugin installation (unusually unsuccessful) Probably due to plugins are not mature enough.

I have not had problems installing the plugin, although I update a plugin, I sometimes need to manually remove the older version. Grails Directory

Lack of comprehensive documentation (though what is available is very good)

I think document level for grals is ahead of most OS projects A wide range of Great Bricks is available, an active mailing list, and it is 176 pages long.

debugging support

Again, it depends on the tools you are using with IntelliJ, Grails app debugging with Eclipse It's easy to debug a Java app.


Grails are my own pets for development:

  • Upgrading one version to another due to lack of backward compatibility is often a It is a very painful process. When I advanced from 1.0.4 to 1.1.1, about 20% of my test failed to start

  • A lot of hits and disappeared in the application reload is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c# - How to capture HTTP packet with SharpPcap -

jquery - SimpleModal Confirm fails to submit form -

php - Multiple Select with Explode: only returns the word "Array" -